- Time10.00 - 12.00
- Duration4 sessioner (6 t)
- Price2800 ekskl. moms
- TeacherKurt Menke
QGIS is an open source GIS program that provides unimaginable possibilities for viewing geographic data and compiling maps. Data visualization has become one of the strongest aspects of QGIS. This course will cover some of the most useful techniques now available and will feature Danish datasets.
In the course you will be learning about:
- Inverted Polygon Shapeburst Fills
- Create coastal vignettes
- Create a study area mask
- Rendering Elevation Data
- Hillshade renderer
- Contour renderer
- Blending Modes - These allow for more sophisticated rendering between GIS layers and there are 13 different blending modes available at both the layer and feature level. Here you will learn the most common use cases.
- Layer blending
- Feature blending
- Improved Label buffers
- Using blending modes with logos
- Layer blending
- Cartographic Processing Algorithms
- Topological coloring
- Expression based symbology - Learn about using Data Defined Overrides with symbology inputs to create more sophisticated symbols.
- Print Composer Tricks to Improve Your Maps
- Label blocking
- Custom Legend patch shapes
- Geometry Generator renderer - Learn several use cases for this powerful renderer which allows you to modify the geometry of your features or create new features using geometric expressions.
- Polygons as Points: Centroid vs Pole of inaccessibility
- Internal Buffers
- Points to Lines
- Render Point Data - Learn how to effectively use the renderers specific to point data.
- Point cluster
- 3D Views - Learn how to work with the native QGIS 3D Viewer
- Temporal Controller - Learn to animate spatial data through time.
The course consists of:
- An introductory video
- Two class sessions - 2 hours each
- An assignment that is completed after each session
- Two question/answer sessions with the opportunity to ask questions about each task
Introductory video: One week before the course starts you will receive an introductory video with an introduction to working with raster data.
Course sessions: During the two live courses, course instructor Kurt Menke will introduce a series of data visualization techniques. Participants will be given time to follow the same steps on their computers.
Assignments: To support learning, after each course session you will be asked to complete an assignment taking approximately 1-2 hours to resolve. This must be solved before the next course.
Question/answer sessions: These will be held one week after each course session. During these sessions you can ask questions about the assignment.
In addition you will receive a brief manual and a series of short videos covering topics presented in the course sessions.
- Session 1: Wednesday 1/12 from 10.00 - 12.00
- Question/answer session 1: Wednesday 8/12 from 10.00 - 11.00
- Session 2: Tuesday: 14/12 from 10.00 - 12.00
- Question/answer session 2: Friday 17/12 from 10.00 - 11.00
QGIS certified course
The course is certified by the QGIS organization, which has approved the material and the course program. When you participate in this course, you contribute 20 euros to the continued development of QGIS. You will also receive an official certificate after participating in the course.
The course is held in English.
QGIS 3.16 is used for the course. You must ensure that you have access to a computer with this version of QGIS (or later version of QGIS) installed before the course. QGIS with either the Danish or English translation can be used.
Register before: 10/11-2021.
There must be a minimum of five registered before the course is created.
Contact Kurt email@example.com, if you want to hear more about the course, or want to register.