Data Visualization with QGIS
- Time9.00 - 15.30
- Duration7,5 t
- Price4500 kr ekskl. moms (inkl. bidrag til QGIS)
- TeacherKurt Menke
This course is a thorough introduction to the array of advanced techniques you can use within QGIS to create sophisticated cartography and beautiful maps. Learn how to create custom legend patch shapes and use cases for Blending modes and Layer effects. Learn to create beautiful elevation maps and coastal effects. Discover how to animate time based data, work with 3D views and create more custom cartography via expressions. If you want to learn the creative ways to render your geodata and create stunning maps, this course is for you.
In the course you will be learning about:
- Print layouts
- Label blocking
- Legend patch shapes
- Live layer effects
- Rendering Elevation Data
- Hillshade renderer
- Contour renderer
- Blending Modes - These allow for more sophisticated rendering between GIS layers and there are 13 different blending modes available at both the layer and feature level. Here you will learn the most common use cases.
- Layer blending
- Feature blending
- Layer blending
- Rendering Point Data - Learn how to effectively use the renderers specific to point data.
- Point cluster
- Coastal Effects
- Coastal Vignette
- Ben-day dots
- Cartographic Processing Algorithms
- Topological coloring
- Expression based symbology - Learn about using Data Defined Overrides with symbology inputs to create more sophisticated symbols.
- Geometry Generator renderer - Learn several use cases for this powerful renderer which allows you to modify the geometry of your features or create new features using geometric expressions.
- Polygons as Points: Centroid vs Pole of inaccessibility
- Internal Buffers
- Temporal Controller - Learn to animate spatial data through time.
- 3D Views - Learn how to work with the native QGIS 3D Viewer
- Mesh data - Learn how to symbolize weather related mesh data
The course consists of:
- An introductory video
- Course day (6.5 hours)
- Online follow-up session (1 hour)
DKK 4500 excluding VAT
Introductory video: One week before the course starts you will receive an introductory video with an introduction to working with raster data.
Course day: This course day takes place at our office in Copenhagen and consists of a mix of demonstrations and assignments to give you hands-on experience with what is shown.
You will get some assignments that you can choose to do independently after this course.
Online follow-up session: At this online follow-up session, we will wrap up the course and you will have the opportunity to ask questions about data visualization in QGIS that you have thought of after the the course day.
In addition, you will receive a short manual with links to task based videos. This will provide guidance on some of the things we work with in the course. Feedback from course participants on courses held has been that this manual has helped the participants a lot during the course - and not least when they subsequently have to continue working with QGIS.
- Course day: Tuesday 02 May from 09.00 - 15.30 (CET)
- Question/answer session 1: Tuesday 09 May from 13.00 - 14.00 (CET)
QGIS certified course
The course is certified by the QGIS organization, which has approved the material and the course program. When you participate in this course, you contribute 20 euros to the continued development of QGIS. You will also receive an official certificate after participating in the course.
The course is held in English.
QGIS 3.28 is used for the course. You must ensure that you have access to a computer with this version of QGIS (or later version of QGIS) installed before the course. QGIS with either the Danish or English translation can be used.
Register before: 18 April 2023.
Contact Kurt firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to hear more about the course.