- Time10.00 - 12.00
- Duration4 sessioner (6 t)
- Price2800 ekskl. moms
- TeacherKurt Menke
QGIS is an open source GIS program that provides unimaginable possibilities for viewing geographic data, analyzing geographic data and compiling maps. Other courses in our catalog have focused on working with vector data. QGIS can also be used to work with raster data, i.e., elevation, land use / land cover and data converted from vector to raster. This course focuses on how to work with raster data in QGIS and how to turn that data into information. The course will feature Danish datasets.
In the course you will be learning about:
- Preparing raster data
- Loading raster data
- Building a virtual raster layer
- Reprojecting raster data
- Clipping rasters
- Resampling - e.g., from 0.4 m to 1 m
- Symbolizing elevation data
- Visualization settings
- Based on extent
- Briefly about other visualization methods
- Calculating Slope and Aspect
- Aligning raster data pixels if they do not match
- Managing No Data values
- Calculating Euclidean distance
- GDAL tools
- Examples of raster analysis:
- Reclassification of rasters
- Rescaling rasters
- Introduction to the Raster calculator
- Raster algebra
- Site selection analysis - Identifying suitable sites
- Slopes more than a specific threshold
- Sunny slopes
- No buildings
- Proximity to roads
- Raster to vector conversion Symbolizing the results
- Examples of raster analysis - Danish Elevation Model:
- Zonal statistics
- Line of sight / Visibility analysis
- Sample Raster Values and Point sampling plugin
- Raster analysis with the Graphical Modeler
- Other things:
- Raster Attribute Table plugin
- Unique values report
The course consists of:
- An introductory video
- Two class sessions - 2 hours each
- An assignment that is completed after each session
- Two question/answer sessions with the opportunity to ask questions about each task
Introductory video: One week before the course starts you will receive an introductory video with an introduction to working with raster data.
Course sessions: During the two live courses, course instructor Kurt Menke will lecture about raster data and demonstrate techniques.
Assignments: To support learning, after each course session you will be asked to complete an assignment taking approximately 1-2 hours to resolve. This must be solved before the next course.
Question/answer sessions: These will be held one week after each course session. During these sessions you can ask questions about the assignment.
In addition you will receive a brief manual and a series of short videos covering topics presented in the course sessions.
- Session 1: Tuesday 30/11 from 10.00 - 12.00
- Question/answer session 1: Tuesday 7/12 from 10.00 - 11.00
- Session 2: Friday 10/12 from 10.00 - 12.00
- Question/answer session 2: Friday 17/12 from 1.00 - 2.00
QGIS certified course
The course is certified by the QGIS organization, which has approved the material and the course program. When you participate in this course, you contribute 20 euros to the continued development of QGIS. You will also receive an official certificate after participating in the course.
The course is held in English.
QGIS 3.16 is used for the course. You must ensure that you have access to a computer with this version of QGIS (or later version of QGIS) installed before the course. QGIS with either the Danish or English translation can be used.
Register before: 16/11-2021.
There must be a minimum of five registered before the course is created.
Contact Kurt firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want to hear more about the course, or want to register.